Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Hardest Lift you will ever accomplish ...

Deadlifts, Bench Press, Snatches, Cleans, and Squats are all difficult lifts but the hardest lift you will ever accomplish is your ass off the couch! I was reading SeanBFitnessBlog (Link) and while I am far from being a personal trainer I can definitely share my own personal experience of being overweight and making excuses for it. I remember saying "I am fat and happy," that was just code for being a lazy ass that felt that any physical activity was useless, but I was wrong. There is a quote that Arnold Schwarzenegger  said that "[...] the pump is better than cumming."

And while I don't necessarily share his exact views on the subject at hand I must say there is a great euphoric feeling I get when I squat or deadlift.

SeanB also discusses how people make excuses because they are too busy to work out because of their lifestyle. If you complain that you don't have time the solution to that dilemma is simple just stop doing something else. They say it take 21 days to form a habit so make a schedule and stick to it(apparently the only exception to this rule are drugs like Meth/Crack/Heroin... By the way please don't try Meth/Crack/Heroin). The majority of people fight their way through heavy traffic after work to hurry home to do what, sit down and watch some TV. Now I'm not saying throw your flat screen out the window, but earn your "TV TIME." For instance I DVR everything I watch with the exception of The Walking Dead, I watch that as it airs, the reason behind that is so I can watch the shows that I really like around my schedule.

Do not get discouraged. People always tend to get discouraged because we expect to see immediate results. You did not fall asleep one night Rich Froning Jr and wake up Jabba the Hut, the next morning. It took years  for your body to morph until what it is. I know I am guilty of sometimes being discouraged because someone else's weight loss journey appears to be faster or easier but I continue on the course because while I have not loss nearly as much weight as I want to (only 29 lbs to date) I have become stronger than I have ever been and healthier. By healthier I mean this, back in March of 2008 my blood pressure was taken at a Minute Clinic because I was been seen for illness at the time my blood pressure was 150/98, can you say hypertension? This past weekend I was feeling under the weather so I went to the same Minute Clinic (mind you I rarely get sick) so I returned to the same Minute Clinic and when my blood pressure was measured I was at 120/70. What a success! So while your weight loss goals may not be were you want them, you are definitely doing your body a solid by staying the course.

Keep Training and Stay Motivated

HeavyBJJGuy

Listen to Stic.Man and get Motivated!




Invicta Sea Spider Stainless Steel Black Ion Chronograph Watch - 6713 (Google Affiliate Ad)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss and overall health improvements. This weight loss journey is just that, a journey. We also must remember to be truly honest with ourselves and take honest inventory on our lives. In order to be sure that we are not self sabtoging our own journey.
    http://www.myfitnesstemple.com

    ReplyDelete